Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dinosaurs?

Of course. Dinosaurs.

It should be known by now; or if you have just ran across my dinosaur work...that I don't really follow the "realistic" scene and go for a more fantasy aspect. If I was a more focused person i'd try and put together my dinosaur comic...but alas.

I just design them as I'd see them in that world. Probably pop out some ref sheets here and there.

As of this moment all are mostly black and white. Most of my illustrations will probably follow suit until I figure what i'm going to fiddle with color wise.


Dilophosaurus. Obviously standard dinosaurs tails do not fold in this way...but eh, I have the bad habit of drawing far to big on the sheets of paper I have and blah. We'll just coin this up to fantasy related artistic license. I never did say I was doodling from "life". Gotta love these guys though. This one has a bit less plumage...


Some kind of mimus. Not really sure - I think I had in mind a Struthiomimus but eh, yeah. I just wanted to see how it would look.


Oviraptors are one of my favorites for some reason. They play a big roll for the most part in my weird Dinosaur story. They advocate for the main "clans" - and depending on if they deal with Carnivores or Herbivores they differ greatly. They are "neutral" in a way; and are a "middle man" between clans I guess. This fellow is one in particular...and a more neutral good aligned.


Tsintaosaurus is one of my all time favorite hadrosaurs. I always liked the fact it had this "unicorn" type crest as opposed to the others. However, it seems science has deemed this actually wasn't a single long crest but something more shoe-horn shaped. Ah well...for now i'll pretend it still has the unicorn horn until they find the fossils.

Dimetrodon isn't a dinosaur; if you didn't know already. His fin is a little squashed (or a lot) but as usual I tend to draw bigger than I shoulda on the paper. I just had this idea for a very animated beast and thus, he came to be.

Hopefully that won't be the end to the dinosaur craziness. Maybe colors one day...one day~

No comments:

Post a Comment